Learning How To Do Facebook Advertising – FB Traffic Rush
When it comes to affiliate marketing it makes a lot of sense to define your passion, blog about it, and monetize your blog. It is a very fulfilling activity which I actively promote and work on. It is a lifestyle and I successfully learned how to do it in Wealthy Affiliate
But the average entrepreneur, and I count myself between them, has several interests, and the need, if not the urge, to make some money in the process. I found that building an income from blogging in a short time is not a realistic goal so I started to look for a parallel source of income within the affiliate marketing industry.
Anybody that has been around affiliate marketing for a while knows there are LOTS of products to be promoted and there is a high chance that many of those products fall within their interests, so I started to look for a way to promote those products without going through the full process of building a blog.
I found Atlas, Facebook’s Advertising Platform, and the idea was set. In a nutshell, the process is to look for affiliate products in any affiliate marketing network that you fancy and promote them at Facebook’s Atlas. Once you know what to do, the whole process only takes a few hours a week allowing you to cash some money to keep the wheels turning without consuming a lot of the time you need to properly build you blog.
This is what I found about Atlas
Let me give you some facts about Facebook’s Ad Platform.
- The Ad creator allows you to build a great ad in less than an hour being the image the most important side of it. The one at the bottom of this post is my first ad ever. I know it isn’t GREAT but I’m fairly satisfied with it, specially because it has already given me a few extra bucks.
- The creator program allows less than 300 characters counting the header and the ad text. This might be a little challenging for bloggers like me used to write 1000 words articles, but at the end you learn how to. It is very fast to build an ad.
- There are very few variables to consider when you are trying to build an effective campaign which makes it very easy to understand.
- The Platform allows you to target your audience by several categories and subcategories within them, please see the image.
- The platform has a very reasonable bidding system. The ads are not cheap, but you can set a campaign for as low as $5/day and manage it with a very good campaign manager. You can suspend an ad and change your campaign on the go, allowing you to test it with different audiences and budgets.
- The platform makes it very easy to scale your winners and kill your losers, allowing you to effectively manage your costs. If you have ever tried online trading, you know what I’m talking about.
How did I learn about it?
Well, I knew what I wanted to do, but I didn’t have a clue about how to do it. Of course Facebook’s Atlas has a great help system, but as with many other websites, I suspected their help system could be a little bit biased in their favor so I decided to look for training somewhere else. After a little window shopping I found FB Traffic Rush, a course written by Martin Williams, which took me by the hand from choosing an affiliate product on Clickbank to cashing my first commission.
I really don’t see the point in explaining the course in this article when Martin has a great and honest sales pitch here.
If you are like me, in the need of some cash while building your blog, or you want to learn how to make a good extra buck by promoting other affiliate products than the one closest to your heart, take a look at it. Of course the link will put a little extra money in my pocket if you buy it, but please be assured that it is not the main purpose of this article, I am sure you’ll learn all that you need to start profitably promoting products on Facebook.
A small warning. He offers you the silver version for $9.95 and, right after you buy it, he has an upsell of $37 for the platinum version. I really don’t like upsells very much, but trust me on this, the final price of $46.95 (9.95 + 37.00) is totally worth. Two days after finishing the course I had My First Facebook Ad running (isn’t it a beauty!?), four days later I had my first sale, 5 days later I had recovered the cost of the course, and 15 days later I had paid for it several times. It is interesting to note that the first 2 days after publishing the ad I didn’t get a single click, so I went to the manager following what I had learned and changed the audience to Europe and Australia, and BANG! it started rolling.
If you go for it, please let me know how did it go for you